- This event has passed.
LIVE ONLINE CLASS CHARITY EVENT for Save Korean Dogs: Korean Street Food – Japchae
February 27 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Welcome to our new LIVE online classes to help you from anywhere in the world in exploring your vegan culinary journey AND TO HELP A CHARITABLE ORGANIZATION. This class will benefit Save Korean Dogs. Save Korean Dogs (SKD) is a very small activist group and rescue team fighting against the dog meat trade in S. Korea for the past ten years. SKD is the first generation advocate for the so called “meat dogs” in Korea. They are a nonprofit registered in the city of Gimpo, Korea as well as in the US. SKD operates out of the Sanctuary which is Nami’s house turned into a shelter in early 2016. SKD Sanctuary began its own shelter in Incheon City prior to Gimpo. Nami lives with the dogs. The number of dogs varies from 40 to 100 depending on the rescue.
Get ready to meet our extraordinary professional Chef Instructor in the comfort of your own kitchen, IN REAL TIME. Classes will be hosted through the Zoom platform. Just like our in-person classes, these virtual cooking experiences are all about interaction and engagement while learning some vegan cooking skills! What to Expect from our Online Cooking Classes: We teach people to cook VEGAN and our instructors aren’t simply VEGAN chefs, they are experienced teachers as well. Our goal is for each person who takes our classes either in person or online, that they can walk away with a bit more knowledge and confidence in understanding how amazing VEGAN food can be when you just take a little extra time to step away from processed and create something yourself.
Asia is so heavily focused on meat-based dishes and yet has some of the most fertile soil in the world. The vegetables, herbs, ginseng, ginger thrive in the Asian climate – especially in S. Korea. Korean street food has some of the best vegan dishes around. After the Korean War (1950-1953), street food vendors provided affordable meals for people unable to put food on the table. Then, street food expanded into the Cheonggyecheon stream and Jongno districts, where today locals and tourists can find famous street food alleys. Overall, it can be said that street food is regarded as a significant part of the Korean food culture. So, let’s discover the best and must-eat Korean street food that will delight your taste buds! In this class Chef Nico is going to show you how to make an authentic and delicious Japchae with sweet potato noodles and loads of fresh, colorful veggies so you can discover how simple it is to make dishes without animal products.
- Recipes: Recipe links will be sent after your booking confirmation and before class.
- Ingredients: Ingredient lists will be sent after your booking confirmation and before class. Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions.
- Technology: Connect with the Chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation: Chime in with questions through the chat box.
- Participation: Classes are up to 100 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions.
- Event Duration: 1-1.5 hours
- Class start time is listed in Pacific Time
- Labels: Healthy, Korean, Vegan, Internati0nal
Before the start of class, be sure to follow these steps:
- Prepare your cooking station using the ingredients & equipment list provided in advance.
- Join the chef’s virtual kitchen by clicking on the Zoom link provided in the confirmation email.
- Cook along with the chef and other attendees in real time, ending the session with a delicious creation that’s ready to enjoy!