- This event has passed.
LIVE ONLINE CLASS – Journey to Italia: Vegan Bolognese Sauce
January 23 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Welcome to our new LIVE online classes to help you from anywhere in the world in exploring your vegan culinary journey. Get ready to meet our extraordinary professional Chef Instructor in the comfort of your own kitchen, IN REAL TIME. Classes will be hosted through the Zoom platform. Just like our in-person classes, these virtual cooking experiences are all about interaction and engagement while learning some vegan cooking skills!
Bolognese comes from the town of Bologna, Italy in the late 18th century. The bolognese is a ragù sauce. In Italy, ragù has regional variations all around the country with bolognese as one of them. Ragù comes from the French word “ragout” referring to stews of meat and vegetables cooked over low heat for a long time. With bolognese sauce in Bologna, it is never made with spaghetti pasta. Rather, it is either with tagliatelle, which is the traditional pasta from the Emilia-Romagna region, or lasagna.
The fundamentals of cooking a traditional ragù is the preparation of the battuto and soffritto. The soffritto, which comes from the Italian verb, soffrigere, to saute, is the flavor base for many Italian dishes. The battuto, for the preparation of the ragù, usually refers to the raw base of finely chopped vegetables for the soffritto.
During this live and interactive online cooking class with Chef Nico, you will learn how to make a delicious veganized Bolognese sauce using TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) as the replacement for the ground meat. Chopping, dicing, sautéing, herb/seasoning enhancements and blending to create an out-of-this-world vegan sauce that will rival any meat-based one out there!
- Recipes: Recipe links will be sent after your booking confirmation and before class.
- Ingredients: Ingredient lists will be sent after your booking confirmation and before class. Ingredients can be adapted for dietary restrictions.
- Technology: Connect with the Chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- Class Participation: Chime in with questions through the chat box.
- Participation: Classes are up to 100 connections to provide an opportunity for all guests to participate and ask questions.
- Event Duration 1-1.5 hours
- Labels: Fun, Healthy, Italian, Vegan
Before the start of class, be sure to follow these steps:
- Prepare your cooking station using the ingredients & equipment list provided in advance.
- Join the chef’s virtual kitchen by clicking on the Zoom link provided in the confirmation email.
- Cook along with the chef and other attendees in real time, ending the session with a delicious creation that’s ready to enjoy!